Being Educated and Informed
A well informed consumer makes the best customer. Drain Doctors is proud to offer a variety of educational resources and useful information to make you a smarter consumer and help you save money and not drown by over paying. At Drain Doctors Plumbing & Rooter, we believe workmanship encompasses both performing the job with the highest quality parts and services, and also offering the best prices before the job starts.
OUR RESOURCES TO HELP YOU.
Drain Articles and Tips
Sewer Articles and Tips
Water Heater Articles and Tips
HVAC Articles and Tips
Remodeling Articles and Tips
Reviews & Testimonials
Save on our current Deal$
SUMMER is upon us………. Here are some Energy Saving Tips.
OPERATE YOUR THERMOSTAT EFFECEINTLY
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer. The smaller the difference between the indoor and outdoor temperatures, the lower your overall cooling bill will be.
- Keep your house warmer than normal when you are away, and lower the thermostat setting to 78°F (26°C) only when you are at home and need cooling.
- Avoid setting your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling and unnecessary expense.
USE FANS TO COOL YOUR HOME
- If you use air conditioning, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4°F with no reduction in comfort.
- Turn off ceiling fans when you leave the room. Remember that fans cool people, not rooms, by creating a wind chill effect.
KEEP HOT AIR FROM LEAKING INTO YOUR HOME
- Seal cracks and openings to prevent warm air from leaking into your home.
- Add caulk or weather stripping to seal air leaks around leaky doors and windows.
- Use window coverings to help block out additional heat from direct sun light.
LOWER YOUR WATER HEATING COSTS. -Water heating accounts for about 18% of the energy consumed in your home.
- Turn down the temperature of your water heater to the warm setting (120°F). You’ll not only save energy, you’ll avoid scalding your hands.
- Low-flow fixtures will help you reduce your hot water use and save money on your water heating bills.